Monday, May 4, 2020

Dr. Chad's Twist on "The Night Before Christmas"

Tis the month of Christmas, the year’s nearly through
Let us commemorate 2018 with a stimulating review.

“I thought like a child,” the good Book teaches,
Into adulthood “all or nothing” still reaches;
So our year began with a purpose restated,
To move past health thinking that is outdated;
The modern method?  A dangerous game we play,
We can’t label black or white something that’s gray.

Hence the various themes of my monthly musings,
True wellness is the destination of our cruising;
Upper Cervical, the function and balance it brings,
Is vitally important among all other things;
Yet, in order to be the best version of you,
Other healthy characteristics you still must accrue.

A colleague wrote, “You should write just about UC,”
“The brainstem, the foundation” and how it’s the key;
“Hmmm,” I replied, “I do not wish to distract,”
Full health without UC? Impossible. (Quote me). Fact.
Yet, no matter how well your body’s cell tower runs,
To maximize potential, there are no hole-in-ones.

In the fight to be healthy, like Avengers: Infinity War,
I can be your Spider-Man, but you’ll also need Thor,
And Hulk and Captain America, even Dr. Strange,
Iron Man and Black Widow too for overall change;
So, think integratively when getting or staying well,
To serve every organ, muscle, tissue, and cell.

“To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall,”
Alike with patients, various practitioners, et al,
As written about and demonstrated in the fall,
In the face of a broken system we must stand tall;
Eat well, work out, reduce stress - commit for the long haul,
Keep your atlas corrected and your eyes on the ball.

While you strive for health, do things that you love,
And when struggling, draw inspiration from above;
What inspires me is you during the Backpack: Operation,
A new record of 286 this year – can I contain my elation?
No I cannot, because your efforts are amazing!
Helping so many kids deserves endless praising!

In the world in which we live, you have to stay positive,
For poor health, too much negativity is causative;
Such is why I love the football team at Notre Dame,
(Despite its controversies, I still love the game);
Man, what a rush it was – an incredible treat,
To see the Irish finish this season without defeat.

Choose what makes you happy as a general rule,
To choose otherwise is to yourself be cruel;
Find the lights of your life, like my kids are for me,
Study for happiness as you would for a degree;
But if you need help, check out our Relaxation Room,
Debuting next year to help you fight off the gloom.

So, for the final time this year, I'll be thinking good things…
For you and your families as the New Year's bell rings;
On the 25th, highlight the Christ and deemphasize the “mas,”
Focus less on the “I” and focus more on the “us”; 
From the McIntyres, we hope your holidays are great,
And don’t forget…keep your head on straight!

Oh, I forgot, there's one thing left to write,
Merry Christmas to all…and to all a good night!

Thinking good things for you, as always,

-Dr. Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment